Thinking of giving up your Border Collie?
Don't give up hope! There are solutions to many common behavior problems. Try to resolve problems before you decide to give up your pet.
We know Border Collies aren't easy dogs. GLBCR is here to provide support and act as a resource for issues you are encountering with your Border Collie.
Here are some things you can do:
- Consult the "Can we help" site.
- Contact a trainer and/or behavior specialist who can find a solution that allows your dog to remain in your family.
The most important thing is to seek an expert's help BEFORE you are too frustrated with the situation. We are happy to provide recommendations for trainers in your area.
All too often, people decide to give up their pets for reasons that could have been addressed or prevented with time, patience, and consistency - some situations may require more patience and effort than others.
- Ask the breeder, kennel, rescue organization or private party from whom you adopted or purchased your Border Collie for training help or, if necessary, rehoming assistance. Reputable breeders and rescue organizations will always insist the dog be returned to them rather than a shelter or other rescue group.
- Consult these sites for additional information.
- Plan Ahead - If you must give up your Border Collie, planning ahead can save his or her life.
- If you feel there are no alternatives to giving up your Border Collie, please visit this page.